Park & Ride
What is Park & Ride?
Park & Ride offers allocated parking spaces for passengers to park their car before catching an ACTION bus to complete their journey.
A network of Park & Ride and Bike & Ride facilities are located on ACTION Rapid & Xpresso bus routes and at selected group centres to allow easy connections with peak hour bus services. These facilities reduce congestion on ACT roads and the demand
for parking in the City and at other major business centres.
How to use Park & Ride
Each Park & Ride facility has signed parking reserved for bus users. Depending on the relevant signage, you may or may not require a Park & Ride permit. When using a Park & Ride facility, you are required to park your car and then continue your journey on an ACTION bus. To be eligible to
use Park & Ride, you must hold a MyWay card that meets one of the below criteria:
- $90 or more travel credit on a standard MyWay card
- $40 or more travel credit on a concession MyWay card ($0 required for seniors over the age of 70)
- Have an active Autoload direct debit payment
To apply for a permit, simply complete an online application form, allowing 10 working days for your permit to be processed. The MyWay Administration Office will check your account balance and relevant travel history to ensure you are entitled to a permit.
A Park & Ride permit will be issued for 3 calendar months, beginning the month after your application is received. For example; applicants who submit forms in June will be issued with a permit for the months of July, August, and September. Permits are not location specific and will be valid for use
at any Park & Ride facility.
Park & Ride Locations
Not all Park & Ride facilities require a permit. Please view our Park & Ride map to determine if you will need to apply. A full list of current Park & Ride locations can be viewed below:
- Belconnen – Belconnen Community Bus Station, access from Swanson Circuit
- Belconnen - Corner of Josephson Street and Walder Street
- Bruce - College Street, adjacent to the University of Canberra
- Curtin Shops - Carruthers Street
- Chisholm Shops - Bentham Street
- Calwell Shops - Webber Street
- Charnwood Shopping Centre - Lhotsky Street
- Fyshwick - Tom Price Street
- Gungahlin Town Centre - Gozzard Street (access via Efkarpidis Street)
- Jamison Centre - Bowman Street
- Kambah Village Shops - Marconi Crescent
- Kambah Centre - O'Halloran Circuit
- Kippax Centre - Hardwick Crescent
- Mawson - Corner of Mawson and Athllon Drive (access from Mawson Place)
- Mitchell - Flemington Road (opposite EPIC)
- North Weston - Kirkpatrick Street
- Tuggeranong - Tuggeranong Bus Station, access from Anketell Street
- Woden - Woden Bus Station, access from Matilda Street
Park & Ride Conditions
The MyWay Administration Office reserves the right not supply a permit to users that have not followed the below conditions:
- A Park & Ride permit is valid only if displayed in the vehicle to which it has been issued.
- Park & Ride facilities must only be used when continuing a journey on an ACTION bus.
- Park & Ride permits must be displayed on the vehicle where it can be clearly seen from outside the vehicle.
- Permits cannot be transferred to other users.
- Permits are valid for three calendar months and must not be used after the stamped expiry date.
- Permits are valid for use at any Park & Ride location.
- Having a Park & Ride permit does not guarantee a parking space in the user's preferred location.
- Park & Ride spaces are filled on a first come first served basis and if the allocated Park & Ride area is at capacity users will be required to utilise another Park & Ride area, pay for parking, or park as per the parking restriction signposted within the area.
- The permit may be revoked for breaches of the above conditions.
Failure to park in accordance with these permit conditions or parking regulations may result in infringement notices being issued to your vehicle.
For further information about Park & Ride please contact the MyWay Administration Office on 6207 7711 or at email@example.com.
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.