Park and Ride initiative
The Park and Ride initiative offers allocated parking spaces
for people to park their car, then transfer to an ACTION bus to complete their journey. All Park and Ride facilities are fully illuminated for a safe return in the evening and most sites offer weather resistant bus shelters.
A network of Park and Ride and Bike and Ride facilities is being built along the ACTION Rapid bus routes, and at selected group centres to connect with peak hour bus services. Park and Ride provides people with flexibility in designing a journey that suits their needs by allowing them to combine bus
travel with a drive in a car. Park and Ride aims to reduce car only trips and in turn the need for additional road capacity and demand for parking in the city and major employment centres. It also aims to reduce the level of congestion on ACT roads.
There are many Park and Ride sites currently available for use in the ACT. Some sites require a permit, for further information please visit the Park and Ride permit page or call 13 17 10.
Park and Ride locations
Download the Park and Ride Map (PDF 525KB) (Word 165KB)
- Belconnen - Belconnen Bus Stations, access from Swanson Circuit
- Belconnen - Corner of Josephson Street and Walder Street
- Bruce - College Street, adjacent to the University of Canberra
- Curtin Shops - Carruthers Street
- Chisholm Shops - Bentham Street
- Calwell Shops - Webber Street
- Charnwood Shopping Centre - Lhotsky Street
- Fyshwick - Tom Price Street
- Gungahlin Town Centre - Gozzard Street
- Jamison Centre - Bowman Street
- Kambah Village Shops - Marconi Crescent
- Kambah Centre - O'Halloran Circuit
- Kippax Centre - Hardwick Crescent
- Kippax Centre - Moyes Cres
- Mawson - Corner of Mawson and Athlon Drive (access from Mawson Place)
- Mitchell - Flemington Road (opposite EPIC)
- North Weston - Kirkpatrick Street
- Tuggeranong - Tuggeranong Bus Station, access from Anketell Street
- Woden - Woden Bus Station, access from Matilda Street
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.