Applications for 2017 Bus Driver Positions Now Open
Do you have excellent customer service skills? Great; we want to hear from you!
Transport Canberra is seeking to recruit bus drivers to fill vacant part-time positions for 2017.
A part-time bus driver position offers a guaranteed minimum of 20 hours paid work a week, excluding unpaid public holidays.
About Transport Canberra
Transport Canberra provides Canberra with a convenient, affordable and reliable public transport service. We value excellent customer service and want to recruit people with a commitment to contributing to the public transport experience for our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage both women and men from all Indigenous and cultural backgrounds to apply.
Missed our recruitment information session? Hear from some of our drivers about what it's like to work with us!
- Why I wanted to be a bus driver (YouTube)
- The training will prepare you (YouTube)
- A great place to work (YouTube)
How to apply
- Complete the online Bus Driver Application Form.
- You will need to address the below selection documentation in your online application form.
- Bus Operator Position Description - Identified (PDF 347KB), (Word 65KB)
- Bus Operator Position Description - Non Identified (PDF 347KB), (Word 66KB)
- Bus Driver Application Checklist and Recruitment Fact Sheet (Word 81KB)
- Bus Driver Recruitment Information Booklet (PDF 900KB)
- Current Resume
- Driver History check
- Copy of drivers licence ( this can be taken from a mobile phone and submitted as a photo)
- Proof of Australian Residency ( for non citizens)
- Application reference number for proof of submission of Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) application. Visit accesscanberra.act.gov.au for more information.
Helpful tips for responding to the selection criteria
In responding to the selection criteria, you should aim to keep your responses clear and concise. Remember, more is not necessarily better. Read the selection documentation provided and prepare your responses in line with the criteria and duty statements (no more than 250 words per criteria). You should respond to each criterion individually, providing as many relevant examples as possible that will demonstrate your ability to perform the duties of the job. If you do not have direct experience in some of the skills areas specific to the position, be sure to outline any skills you have that are transferable to the position.
Conducting some research about the directorate and the ACT Government before responding to criteria may also assist you in responding to criteria, making your responses more relevant to the organisation.
Applications opened on Friday 3 March 2017 and will remain open until 31 March 2017. For assistance contact TCCS.ACTIONRecruitment@act.gov.au