Bike Stops are local businesses providing a range of facilities for bike riders – both locals and visitors. The types of facilities provided by each business vary, but may include access to:
- change rooms
- bag storage
- water refill
- tyre pumps.
Thank you to the businesses who are voluntarily contributing to making Canberra Australia's cycling capital.
Bike Stop locations
Participating businesses display a shopfront sticker.
When you visit a Bike Stop business, say a friendly hello and let them know you've ridden (or run) and would like to use the facilities they offer.
- Avenue C Wine Co, 55/65 Constitution Avenue Campbell
- Canberra and Region Visitor's Centre, Regatta Point Barrine Drive, Parkes
- National Museum of Australia, Lawson Crescent, Acton
- The Cyclery, 5 Lonsdale Street, Braddon
- The RUC, 54 McCaughey St, Turner
- One on 1 Espresso, 1 Canberra Ave, Forrest
- Red Hill Express, 2 Duyfken St, Red Hill
- Southern Cross Yacht Club, Lotus Bay, Mariner Place, Yarralumla
- Pushy's Bike Store, 70 Newcastle Street, Fyshwick
- Stirato Cafe, 21/1 Iron Knob St, Fyshwick
- The Cyclery, 28 Pyrie Street, Fyshwick
- Giraffe, Unit 10, top floor 189 Flemington Rd, Mitchell
- Black Pepper Café, 63/1, Beissel Street
- Belconnen Community Service, 26 Chandler Street
- AIS Café, Australian Institute of Sport (AIS), Leverrier St, Bruce ACT 2617
- The Meating Room, 45 Liardet St, Cooleman Court
- Southern X café, Mt Stromlo observatory, Cotter Rd
- Foundry Coffee Co., 150 Anketell Street, Greenway
Brindabella Business Park and Majura
- Canberra Airport, Terminal Circuit (near car rental pick-up/drop-off)
- Café Avion, 6a Brindabella Circuit, Brindabella Business Park
- 3 Mills Bakery, 5 Lancaster Place, Majura Office Park
- The Mess Café, 24 Richmond Avenue, Canberra Airport
Contact us if there is an area you’d like to see a bike stop. You can also suggest your favourite local business contact us to find out more about joining the program.
Become a Bike Stop business
By participating in the Bike Stop program, you and your staff agree to welcome bike riders into your premises to access the facilities you've identified are available, such as toilets, change rooms, showers, water refill or bag storage.
While the facilities are targeted at bike riders, there may be others who also wish to have access to the facilities, including walkers and runners.
We're looking for businesses wanting to support the growing bike riding community, attract new customers, and be seen as a champion for a safer, more vibrant and more liveable city. You’ll be promoted via:
- a shopfront window sticker
- this website
- community promotion and marketing.
Register your interest by emailing TCCS.Activetravel@act.gov.au.