Buses are available to charter for private functions, special events, sporting games and school excursions.
You can arrange a charter by completing the Charter Request Form If you cannot complete the form, contact us for a printed copy.
Please send your request at least 10 working days in advance of your charter date.
Check our news for upcoming major event and game day services.
Charter services are available:
- Monday to Friday 9.30am to 2.15pm (2.15pm for standard buses and 2pm for articulated buses) or 6.30pm to 11.00pm (completed by midnight)
- weekends and public holidays by negotiation.
Major event bookings and advertising
Once your booking request is received:
- you will receive a quote based on the details provided, which may alter if the itinerary changes (note: verbal quotes are an estimate only)
- you will receive a booking confirmation (note, if you do not receive your booking confirmation five days prior to your booking, contact us).
Conditions of charter bookings
Bus charters can be organised to operate outside of regular services to help:
- ease traffic congestion and parking
- generate atmosphere
- give everyone a designated driver.
The charters can travel to and from major bus stations, town centres, event venues and hubs. These charter services are requested, arranged and paid for by event organisers. Use the Charter Request Form (PDF 70KB) to request charter services for events.
Complete a Charter Event Charter Request Advertising Request Form for Transport Canberra to promote your major event charter buses on our website, via Facebook, Twitter
Billing and pricing
When booking any charter service, these conditions apply:
- Changes to booking details will not be accepted less than three working days prior to the date of the booked charter.
- Written notice must be given for all cancellations, noting that
- more than 24 hours’ notice, no charge
- less than 24 hours’ notice, $50 per bus
- no notification, full cost of charter will be charge.
- Transport Canberra reserves the right to charge the hirer for any damage caused to a bus by the hirer or persons in their party.
- Transport Canberra reserves the right to charge the hirer a cleaning fee of $300 if the bus is returned in a state of unserviceability for the next service.
- All after hours’ charters must include an after hours’ contact telephone number (a mobile number is preferred).
- Charters to rural areas require passengers to be seated.
- Charters do not operate outside of the ACT.
- Telephone bookings will not be accepted.
- Charter requests must be authorised by a delegated person within your organisation.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Pricing will be confirmed within your booking confirmation.
- Accounts require payment within 14 days.
- Transport Canberra has the right to refuse to hire if previous accounts are not paid within 30 days.
- Payments can be mailed to Transport Canberra Accounts, GPO Box 158, Canberra ACT 2601.
Transport Canberra reserves the right to charge an advance deposit or request full payment for a charter.