All passengers are responsible for the safe carriage and storage of their own goods when travelling with Transport Canberra. For safety reasons the Transport Canberra staff are not able to assist with the carriage, loading or removal of goods on or off the vehicle, including bikes on racks.
Transport Officers or Drivers may:
- refuse carriage of goods if they deem it to be an inconvenience or danger to someone else
- refuse the carriage of goods if the bus or light rail vehicle is close to or at capacity.
Please don’t bring dangerous or prohibited goods including:
- any controlled or prohibited weapons such as firearms or knives
- any motor vehicle battery
- any explosive (including gas bottles or fireworks)
- any type of fuel such as petrol (including jerry cans)
- any syringes other than a syringe used for medical reasons
- any goods likely to spill, stain or cause any damage to the vehicle
- not block the aisle or exits
- not obscure the vision of the driver
- be easily carried on or off the bus by the passenger
- be stored safely and securely within the passenger area.
Transport Canberra is not liable for any damage, wear or tear, loss or theft that occurs to goods brought onto a transport service
See our service policies for more information about carrying items, including bikes, on buses.