Thank you for participating
Thank you for participating in the Light Rail Ballot. The ballot is now closed. Successful recipients will be notified by 5 April 2019.
Missed out on the ballot?
You can still come and try the light rail for free! You are invited to the Light Rail Launch day on Saturday 20 April with free travel to and from the event all day as well as music, food and kids’ activities at City and Gungahlin Interchanges. Find out more.
If you were selected in the ballot you will be notified by email on Friday 5 April 2019.
What happens next:
- You need to confirm your ticket and guest by 5.00pm on Monday 8 April 2019. If you do not confirm your ticket it will be cancelled, and the place offered to the next person in the ballot allocation. No exceptions or negotiations will be entered into.
- You will be notified which stop to board. This cannot be changed and is non-negotiable.
- You will be sent further information on meeting times and locations.
Terms and Conditions
Terms of entry
- You must be an ACT resident to be eligible to accept your ticket and hold a relevant ACT driver’s licence, ACT age card, or other form of proof.
- Residents aged under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- All guests must be registered to ride.
- You can only enter once.
- Ballot places are not transferrable.
- In the event you don’t confirm your ticket allocation within the indicated timeframe, your ticket will be cancelled and offered to the next person in the ballot allocation. No exceptions or negotiations will be entered into.
- Successful ticket holders will be notified which stop to board. This cannot be changed and is non-negotiable.
- You will complete one full loop of the route and be returned to your starting location.
- If you are successful, more information including meeting times and locations will be sent to you via your nominated email address.
- Successful applicants will be notified one week prior to the launch.
- Please be at your designated stop on time as we will be running to a strict schedule. Latecomers may be refused entry.
- Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified. However, those who wish to ride light rail are encouraged to come along to the community launch on 20 April to enjoy free services and family activities. Free services will also run on 20 April 2019, and a regular timetable and fares will commence on 22 April 2019.
- The event may be cancelled in case of inclement weather or if there are any health and safety risks. Participants will be notified via email.
- We reserve the right to change the time and date of the ballot date. All winners will be notified by the email provided.
Accessibility and facilities
- No toilet facilities are available on board the vehicle or at the platforms.
- We will not be allowing bikes on board for the VIP ride, but you can bring a bike during regular services.
- Light rail vehicles are wheelchair accessible.
- Free Wi-Fi is available on all Canberra’s light rail vehicles.
- Media will be invited. Please be aware you may appear in photos and imagery from the day.