What’s next for Light Rail?
City to Woden
Our light rail network is now operating, with the Gungahlin to City route completed. Next stop: Woden via the City.
On this route, people will be able to easily access major educational institutions, retail and entertainment precincts, major events and employment hubs through an integrated public transport network.
- We will move 39,000 people per day for 600 potential journeys on the Gungahlin to Woden alignment.
- Provide travel options for a 120,000-employment population and 90,000 resident and student population by 2041
- Support more than 4 million people who visit events and attractions in the national area
- Connecting over 50 hotels, five education institutions, 10 retail and entertainment precincts and 20 employment centres
- We have been working through the recommendations of a Commonwealth Inquiry into the City to Woden project.
- We will soon seek an assessment by the Federal Department of Environment and Energy into the environmental and heritage impacts of the City to Woden project.
- Canberra community and stakeholders will be engaged to help develop the draft Environmental Impact Statement for the City to Woden project.
Find out more and stay up to date with light rail progress: