The bulk of freight in the ACT is handled by the private sector, but the ACT Government ensures the supporting infrastructure, such as roads and land availability, is as reliable, efficient and as strategically located as possible.
The ACT Freight Strategy (PDF 9.8MB) considers:
- population growth outlooks
- emerging trends/technologies
- freight demand and its relationship with land use and regional development
- ACT’s statutory obligations regarding heavy vehicles and freight infrastructure
- the importance of safety, urban amenity and sustainability in freight operations.
Find out more about transport policies and plans.