Take public transport to Canberra’s concerts, sporting events and festivals.
Follow our news to find out about game day buses and other charter services for special events.
Public transport during events
Events can lead to busy times on our roads. Use these tips so you enjoy your experience both before and after the event.
- Plan your trip ahead of time.
- If your event is on a weekend or public holiday plan your connecting travel accordingly, as regular services have less frequency on these days. You may need to leave earlier or arrange an alternative mode of connecting transport to and from the pick-up/drop-off point or event.
- If your journey starts or ends after dark or when you have consumed alcohol arrange for private transport in advance such as taxis, someone to meet you, or arrange a designated driver.
- Consider Park & Ride or Bike & Ride for convenience.
- If you require an Easy Access bus (e.g. for prams and wheelchair access) check for the wheelchair icon on the timetables.
- Find out your pick up and drop off points as sometimes temporary bus stops are opened for major events, such as the Regatta Point Commonwealth Avenue stop.
- Buses get stuck in traffic so please be patient and mindful that buses may be delayed due to general traffic congestion.
- Keep safe on and around buses particularly if consuming alcohol, in large crowds and traffic or where visibility is an issue.
- Make the ride a pleasant experience for all – stay safe and use transport etiquette.
Need a ticket? Check fares and where to get MyWay.