To celebrate the launch of the new network Transport Canberra will provide a month of free travel when passengers use their MyWay card. The free travel period will encourage Canberrans who currently don’t use public transport to give it a go whilst allowing current customers to adjust and navigate the new network.
A month of free travel applies from Monday, 29 April 2019 to Sunday, 26 May 2019 on every bus and light rail journey.
In order to travel for free, customers will need to make sure they:
- have a MyWay card.
- tap on when they get on a bus or get to a light rail stop.
- tap off when they get off a bus or at a light rail stop.
- have a positive balance on their MyWay card.
Customers who do not have a MyWay card will need to buy a single ticket from a bus driver or ticket vending machine. Additionally, customers who do not tap on and tap off for their trip will be charged a default fare.
Why is free travel only available for MyWay users?
MyWay cards allow us to collect information about how people use the network, which we can use to improve services. This is particularly important at the start of a new network and when new customers are using it for the first time.
Where do I get a MyWay Card from?
MyWay cards are available from:
- a recharge agent - there are over 30 across Canberra
- from an Access Canberra Service Centre
- Online or by phoning 13 17 10
For further information on fares and ticketing view MyWay information.
Terms and conditions
- Free travel applies from Monday 29 April 2019 to Sunday 26 May 2019
- Free travel applies to Transport Canberra Buses and Light Rail only
- Free travel applies to MyWay card holders only
- MyWay cards must be active and contain a positive balance
- Customers must tap on and tap off correctly to avoid a default fare being applied to their account
- Regular cash fares apply if not using MyWay