Information on this page is about the future bus network. To find out how to use the current network, visit the Getting Around page.
Bus services in Belconnen will provide frequent, reliable connections to the Belconnen Town Centre from all suburbs in the region, and the Kippax Centre for suburbs in the western part of the region. Local services have been designed to move you within and across your region, connecting with frequent, direct Rapid services at key locations including town centres. Every local service in Belconnen connects with Belconnen Town Centre.
The Belconnen Bus Stations will provide convenient connections to multiple Rapid routes, providing access to City, Woden, Tuggeranong, Barton, Russell, Kingston, Dickson, Fyshwick, Gungahlin and the Canberra International Airport. Kippax provides customers with a connection to the Rapid 2, which services the Belconnen Town Centre, University of Canberra, Australian National University, City, Barton, Kingston and Fyshwick.
What’s changed following consultation?
- Rapid 4 extended to provide a frequent, direct Rapid service between Belconnen, the City, Woden and Tuggeranong
- Rapid 3 extended to provide a direct, frequent service from Belconnen and the City to Brindabella Business Park.
- Rapid 9 to run via Fern Hill to provide better coverage in Bruce.
- The introduction of an additional route and other changes to local services to provide better coverage for suburbs in south-west Belconnen, including Higgins, Hawker, Scullin and Page
- Changes to local services to provide better coverage for suburbs in northern Belconnen such as Melba, Evatt, Spence and Fraser
- Route 31 modified to provide an extended service from the Belconnen Town Centre to the City via Lawson, Kaleen, Dickson and Braddon.
New Network map Belconnen (PDF 509KB)
What we heard
What we heard – Belconnen report (PDF 55KB)
YourSay online survey
Pop up roadshows
Community Council meeting
people from Belconnen, or 25% of total respondents, provided feedback
people provided feedback at our 3 Belconnen roadshows
people from Belconnen completed the survey
people attended the Belconnen Community Council 17 July 2018
Belconnen High Schools
Suggestions not relating to routes included:
General Route Services for Belconnen
|Rapid 2||Fraser, Dunlop, Macgregor, Kippax, Holt, Belconnen Bus Stations, Bruce, City Interchange, Parkes, Kingston, Fyshwick|
|Rapid 3||Spence, via Copland Drive, Florey, Belconnen Bus Stations, Bruce, City Interchange, Russell, Airport, Brindabella Park|
|Rapid 4||Belconnen Bus Stations, Bruce, City Interchange, Woden Bus Station, Tuggeranong Bus Station|
|Rapid 8||Belconnen Bus Stations, Gungahlin Place|
|Rapid 9||Belconnen Bus Stations, Bruce, Dickson Interchange, Watson|
|30||Dickson Interchange, Kaleen, Giralang, Bruce, Belconnen Bus Stations|
|31||City Interchange, Braddon, Ainslie, Dickson Interchange, Lyneham, Kaleen, Belconnen Bus Stations|
|32||City Interchange, Aranda, Cook, Weetangera, Macquarie, Jamison Centre, Belconnen, Belconnen Bus Stations|
|40||Fraser, Charnwood, Macgregor, Holt, Kippax, Latham, Florey, Belconnen Bus Stations|
|41||Fraser, Charnwood, Flynn, Melba, Evatt, Belconnen Bus Stations|
|42||Fraser, Flynn, Melba, Scullin, Page, Belconnen Bus Stations|
|43||Spence, Evatt, McKellar, Belconnen Bus Stations|
|44||Kippax, Holt, Macgregor, Higgins, Belconnen Bus Stations.|
|45||Kippax, Holt, Higgins, Hawker, Weetangera, Belconnen Bus Stations|