Canberra Metro, the preferred consortium, is committed to caring for the environment and minimising impacts in all our operations.
Canberra Metro will undertake its business in a manner which recognises the importance of environmental sustainability and protection.
Environmental management in practice. Canberra Metro will;
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and statutory obligations
- Manage environmental aspects in accordance with customer requirements
- Promote a culture of shared responsibility for environmental outcomes within our business
- Improve our energy, water and resource use and take steps to prevent pollution, reduce waste and any other adverse environmental effects
- Improve our employees’ knowledge, awareness and skills related to environmental and sustainability requirements and practices
- Continually improve our environmental management system
- Engage with our business partners, the communities we work within and other stakeholders on environmental sustainability and protection.