Transport Canberra’s new public transport network starts next Monday 29 April 2019, bringing together buses, light rail and active travel, making Canberra better connected.
The whole network has changed with light rail and more buses, more often, but that means you will probably travel a different route at a different time to get to school or work. Have you planned your new public transport route?
As the network changes so might your local bus stop - we’ve added, moved and closed stops across the network to match our new routes so make sure you check where you have to board.
Use the online TC Journey Planner to help figure out which travel options including bus, light rail, cycling or walking, or a mix of all is your best transport option.
To help familiarise yourself with the changed network, Transport Canberra will provide one month free travel from Monday 29 April to Sunday 26 May 2019 when passengers use a MyWay card.
In order to travel for free, you will need to make sure you:
- have a MyWay card with a positive balance (by default, validators reject cards with a zero or negative balance)
- tap on at the validator when they get on a bus or at a light rail stop platform
- tap off when they get off a bus or off the light rail vehicle at a light rail stop
If you do not have a MyWay card will need to buy a single ticket from a bus driver or ticket vending machine. Additionally, if you do not tap on and tap off for your trip you will be charged a default fare.
You can purchase MyWay:
- from a recharge agent - there are over 30 across Canberra, issuing standard (adult), tertiary, concession, and student MyWay cards.
- from an Access Canberra Service Centre.
- online - complete the standard (adult) MyWay application or student MyWay application (allow up to 7 days for postage; postage charges apply).
- by phoning 13 17 10 - for standard (adult), tertiary, and student MyWay cards (allow up to 7 days for postage; postage charges apply).
Top up your MyWay card via:
- recharge agents
- setting up direct debit to automatically top up your card
- Ticket Vending Machines
- online payments via credit card
- calling 13 17 10