The launch of our new Journey Planner will change the way passengers interact with their transport services. We welcome your feedback and input on this initial roll-out phase of the new Journey Planner.
The new Journey Planner is designed to provide a better, more connected experience for all customers and public transport users. The Journey Planner provides our passengers with a convenient tool to effectively plan their travel to ensure quicker journey times and better connections.
As part of our recent consultation around the bus network Canberrans told us they wanted easier access to trip planning tools. We listened and we’ve created this journey planner to make it easier to get around.
Key features of the new Journey Planner include:
- Intuitive user interface for customers to plan their journey
- Select from multiple journey modes, preferences and special service requirements
- Ability to plan cycle journeys
- More map options that include locations of MyWay retailers, Park & Ride and Bike Share
- Third party travel options including Uber and Taxi
- Highlights recent journey preferences
- Saves your favourite journeys
The Journey Planner has been designed with the future integrated public transport network in mind and will allow commuters to choose from multiple journey modes including bus, light rail, bicycle and walking. Future functionality that will be coming soon include:
- Integration with multiple modes of transport across bus, light rail, bicycle and walking routes
- Ability to plan dedicated school bus services
We will keep our customers informed as these options become available in 2019. To keep up to date follow us on Twitter: @Transport_CBR, ‘like’ us on Facebook: @TransportCanberra and subscribe to our weekly e-news
While we continue to make improvements to the beta version of the Journey Planner passengers are still able to access the Google Transit trip planner.