The ACT Government has a vision of an integrated transport network that provides a range of options for moving people around our growing city. That means you could have more ways to travel to your workplace, local school or shops.
Our previous transport strategy, Transport for Canberra, provided a great foundation for the network we have today. However, things have changed between 2012 and now. We are building light rail. Our bus network is being restructured. We are now predicting population growth of 100,000 between now and 2030.
The way we use and interact with transport has also changed. We want information at the touch of a button, and we want transport that is seamless, easy and affordable. This will be even more important into the future as autonomous vehicles, shared mobility and drones become more prevalent in our lives.
Moving Canberra therefore proposes to take the ambition of Transport for Canberra further by suggesting a long-term vision for a smart, customer-focused, sustainable and integrated transport network. The draft Strategy utilises a movement and place framework and provides possible strategic directions, actions policies, infrastructure, programs and services needed to meet our customers’ needs and expectations.
For you, this new Strategy could mean:
- Clean, attractive, safe, easy-to-use interchange facilities
- Better footpaths
- A more comprehensive cycling network
- Reliable buses
- More light rail
- New transport technologies such as delivery drones and autonomous vehicle
- Telling us your priorities
- Giving us any suggestions you have
- Joining us for a workshop where you can learn more about the draft strategy and explore the focus areas of active travel, safety, future transport and accessibility in more detail.
Workshops will be held in February 2019 exploring the following themes: active travel, safety, accessibility and future transport. At the workshops you should expect to:
- Receive a presentation providing an overview of the draft strategy and the focus areas the consultation is exploring: active travel, safety, future transport and accessibility
- Share your views on additional activities the ACT Government should consider in these areas
- Help identify any additional issues related to these areas that are not currently addressed by the draft Strategy.
Places are limited so please register to attend via Eventbrite below. We ask that you read the draft strategy (hyperlink to Moving Canberra in the document library) in advance of attending.
- Workshop 1: Wednesday 6 February, 12:30 - 2:30 pm, register to attend via Eventbrite
- Workshop 2: Wednesday 13 February, 4 - 6 pm, register to attend via Eventbrite
We ask that you read the draft strategy (hyperlink to Moving Canberra in the document library) in advance of attending.
We are looking at:
Significant elements of the Strategy have already undergone community consultation via the Planning and Climate Change strategies, the new bus network consultation, and the light rail consultation. This consultation will therefore focus on areas that have not yet been discussed in detail with the community, including:
- active travel
- future transport
We will use your views to:
Your views and opinions collected as part of this consultation will help us to understand what you think about our strategy’s proposed actions and staging of the delivery of this strategy over the short, medium and long term.
|17 December 2018||Community consultation opens|
|6 February 2019||Community Workshop|
Places are limited so please register to attend via Eventbrite. We ask that you read the draft strategy in advance of attending.
|13 February 2019||Community Workshop|
Places are limited so please register via Eventbrite. We ask that you read the draft strategy in advance of attending.
|8 March 2019||Community consultation closes|
|8 April 2019||What We Heard report released|
|1 August 2019||Consultation Report|