Come and try your hand at driving a bus!
Canberra’s new integrated public transport network is growing, and this is your opportunity to try your hand at driving a bus which may open the door to a new career.
Does working with people in our community interest you? Attending the come and try day will give you the opportunity to get behind the wheel and get a feel for what it may be like.
Under the instruction of Transport Canberra Trainers/Assessors, attendees will be guided through the operations of the bus followed by the opportunity to drive around the 2.5km track which will give some insight into driving a bus at a relatively high speed.
A number of existing Transport Canberra operational staff will be in attendance to provide information and answer any questions relating to driving and working for Transport Canberra.
The day will be held across three sessions (8:30am – 10:30am, 11.30am - 1.30pm or 2.00pm – 4.00pm) at the Sutton Road Training Centre, 441 Sutton Rd Majura ACT. Each session has a maximum of 40 attendees, register your interest early to avoid disappointment.
To Register for the Come and Try day
Each session has a maximum of 50 attendees. Participants will require a current, full C Class Driver's Licence or above, to participate in driving the buses and agree to the Come and Try Day participant acknowledgement.
Register through Eventbrite
Come and Try Day Participant Acknowledgement:
- I hold a current C Class licence or above and will present my licence to Transport Canberra staff upon request prior to driving a Transport Canberra vehicle.
- I acknowledge that the safe weight rating of a Transport Canberra bus driver seat is between 50kg and 130kg and that I may not be able to drive a bus on the day of the event if I am outside this range.
- I agree to wear appropriate clothing on the day, including enclosed shoes.
- I agree to follow all instructions given to me by Transport Canberra driver trainers.
- I understand that children are not allowed to attend or attend the Transport Industries Skills Centre site during the hours of the event.
- I agree that Transport Canberra may take and use photographs, recordings, data and any other record of my participation in this event for any legitimate purpose without remuneration.
- I understand that all operators of a heavy vehicle, including those under instruction, are required to have a zero blood alcohol and drug concentration, are not impaired by medication, and that Transport Canberra reserves the right to refuse participation of any person if that person’s participation is deemed to cause a safety risk.
- I understand that the Transport Industries Skills Centre is situated in a rural location and as such, there is a potential risk of animals or wildlife walking on the track while participants are operating the buses, or of a participant being bitten by a snake or other wildlife.
By agreeing to the above conditions for participating in this event, I accept the above conditions.