Part-time and casual bus operator positions
Do you love providing great customer service? Are you available to work days, nights and weekends? Then we want to hear from you!
Transport Canberra is looking for new and experienced part-time and casual bus operators to join our team to deliver high-quality passenger services across Canberra.
We are seeking people with outstanding customer service skills, strong communication skills, fantastic personal presentation and a great driving record to help deliver around 19 million bus boardings each year. To be a successful bus operator you need to:
- Have great map reading and time-keeping skills and be able to follow a regular schedule over specified routes of travel
- Be able to operate a public transit vehicle, ensuring safe and comfortable carriage of all customers
- Meet Transport Canberra’s eligibility and suitability requirements
- Demonstrate the TCCS values of safety, excellence, collaboration, respect, innovation and integrity
Transport Canberra offers great pay and benefits, as well as comprehensive training and licence upgrades. Further information is available in the Transport Canberra Operations (ACTION) Enterprise Agreement 2018-2021.
The ACT Public Service supports workforce diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, culturally diverse people and those who identify as LGBTIQ are encouraged to apply.
Transport Canberra is establishing a pool of suitable applicants to become Bus Operators. This pool will be used to fill upcoming permanent part-time and casual positions over the next 12 months. If successful, you will be employed casually while undergoing 3-5 weeks of training. Positions will then be offered upon successful completion of the training course.
Eligibility and Other Requirements:
See Bus Operator Eligibility and Suitability Fact Sheet (PDF 399KB) (Word 165KB) for more information.
To work as a Transport Canberra bus operator, applicants must:
- Hold a “C” Class Drivers Licence and to have held a licence issued by an Australian State or Territory for at least 5 years.
- Be able to supply a 5-year history of your driving in Australia
- Be able to obtain and maintain a Medium Rigid (MR) licence and Public Vehicle Driving Authority (PVDA) – For applicants based in NSW, obtaining an upgrade to a MR licence will be at the applicant’s cost
- Be able to obtain a Heavy Vehicle (HR) Licence between 6 to 12 months after commencing with Transport Canberra
- Be able to successfully complete all pre-employment checks, including a police check, medical assessment, literacy and numeracy assessment and functional (heavy vehicle) driving assessment
This recruitment round is now open until 27 October 2020, visit www.jobs.act.gov.au to apply.
If you are interested in applying for a job at Transport Canberra please view the Careers and Employment website for current opportunities.