To check your balance online, your MyWay card must first be registered.
Complete the details below to check your balance, or simply view your balance next time you tap off a bus or tap off a ticket validator at a Light Rail platform. You can check you balance and top up your MyWay card balance at a Ticket Vending Machine, located at major bus stations and Light Rail platforms.
Having trouble accessing your balance?
- The default password for student MyWay cards is the student's suburb and postcode in the following format: suburbpostcode (no spaces e.g. gordon2906).
- If you are having problems with your password, call 13 17 10 or submit a feedback form.
- Seniors MyWay cards may take 7 to 10 working days for registration by Council on the Ageing (COTA).
Protect your MyWay account
- Always close this window when you have finished.
- Never check your account details via a third party site or application.
- To protect your identity never provide your personal or security details, including customer ID or passwords, in response to any email, even if it looks legitimate.
- Always confirm that your data is encrypted by ensuring a symbol of a lock appears within the browser.
Need more details?
Once you have submitted for Check My Balance above, you can get extra details on your MyWay transactions by choosing Click for detailed view, which displays:
- balance after each transaction
- tax invoice amount
- boarding type.
Time to top up or recharge your MyWay travel credit?