A flexible bus service operates in particular zones to help Canberra residents, such as the aged or people with a mobility difficulty, to get from their home to local community locations. The fleet of mini buses are wheelchair accessible.
The service is assessed on a case-by-case basis. Eligibility consideration is given to:
- seniors card holders with mobility issues
- seniors card holders aged 70 or over
- people living in a nursing home and/or retirement village
- people impacted by a permanent or temporary disability that prevents them from accessing regular route services
- holders of a Vision Impaired (VIP), or Total and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI) travel pass.
Carers with a valid carers card are also welcome to travel – please let the operator know at time of booking.
Make a booking
Bookings must be made two business days prior to travel.
To book the bus:
- phone 6205 3555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your details
- advise if you’ll have an accompanying carer
- the operator may offer alternative options or book your spot.
Booking office hours are 9am–4pm Monday to Friday with an answering machine after hours (leave a detailed message and an operator will call you back).
Pick up and return
Services operate Monday to Friday, 9:30 am - 1:30 pm. It does not operate on weekends, public holidays or public service shutdown periods.
Pick up of passengers from suburbs around the zones commences at 9.30am and return trips start promptly at 1.30pm.
Find other community transport options.