Re-think your work journey to save time and money. Active travel is a great way to incorporate regular physical exercise into your daily routine.
Walk or run to work
- Check your proximity to your workplace with Trip Planner. You may find it's closer than you think, particularly when you take shortcuts through paths and laneways. As a guide, it takes around 20 minutes to walk 2km.
- Download a cycling or walking map.
- Get prepared. Make plans to leave clothing at work the day before, or pack a backpack. Check your workplace''s end-of-trip facilities.
Ride to work
- Download a cycling or walking map or use Trip Planner to plan your route.
- Know your road rules for on-road and shared path cycling.
- Get prepared. Make plans to leave clothing at work the day before, or pack a backpack. Check your workplace's end-of-trip facilities or find a local Bike Stop.
Park & Pedal to work
- Park for free and pedal the rest of the way. Find a convenient Park & Pedal location.
Bike & Ride to work
- Store your bike, then hop on a bus. Apply for access to lock up your bike in a bike cage or bike locker, or simply secure your bicycle to a bike rail.
- Take your bike on a bus. Most Rapid services are equipped with bike racks on the front of the bus. If space allows, put your bike on the rack before entering the bus. Check the instructions for on-bus bike racks.
Remember to break up your day with incidental exercise for excellent health benefits. Take the stairs, park further from the office or organise a walking meeting.