Get MyWay

You can purchase MyWay:

MyWay fares vary depending on any applicable concessions. Check your MyWay concession eligibility.

If you don’t buy MyWay online, remember to register your MyWay card when you receive it to protect your travel balance.

Ticket Vending Machine

Ticket vending machines are located at all light rail stops and the City, Woden, Tuggeranong and Gungahlin bus interchanges. You can purchase adult and concession single trip ticket or daily ticket at the TVM. A single trip ticket includes a free 90-minute transfer period. Daily tickets allow unlimited travel until the last service from the day of purchase. All tickets are valid for travel on light rail and buses.

MyWay for seniors

COTA ACT manages Seniors Cards in the ACT, which are combined with Transport Canberra MyWay cards - one card allows for public transport access, and the Seniors Card discounts and services. If you are over 62, a permanent resident of the ACT and working 20 hours or less each week you are eligible for an ACT Seniors Card. For further information ACT Seniors card.

You can apply for a co-branded ACT Seniors/MyWay card at:

Interstate Seniors MyWay Card

Seniors Card holders from other states and territories in Australia can apply for an Interstate Seniors MyWay card.

Interstate MyWay card holders receive the same concession fare as ACT Seniors and MyWay pension card holders and are able to travel for free during off peak times as part of an ACT Government trial. Interstate card holders are not eligible for the over 70s free travel.

Interstate Seniors Card holders can also show the bus driver their Seniors Card and purchase a cash concession fare.

Interstate Seniors MyWay cards can be applied for in advance from COTA ACT.

To apply, please email or with your name, date of birth and address, and include a scanned copy of your Seniors Card and Drivers Licence / Proof of Identity card. An Interstate Seniors MyWay card will then be mailed to you.
Please allow up to 10 business days to receive your card.

For Seniors Card holders already in Canberra, Interstate Seniors MyWay Cards can be obtained from:

Free off-peak MyWay travel trial

As part of an off-peak trial, eligible senior and concession MyWay card holders travel for free between 9am and 4.30pm and after 6pm weekdays, plus all day Saturday, Sunday and on public holidays.

Find out more about eligible concessions.