Park and Ride permits are now required
The Park and Ride scheme has recommenced after being put on hold last year due to COVID-19.
Please ensure you have a valid permit when using locations that require you to do so.
Apply for a permit now
For convenience, use an allocated parking space to park your car before using a bus or light rail to complete your journey. You’ll be helping to reduce congestion on ACT roads and the demand for parking in the city and other major business areas.
Park & Ride facilities are located on Rapid routes and at selected group centres to allow easy connections with peak transport services.
To Park & Ride, you’ll need to:
Park & Ride
View the Park & Ride map to find a location and to check if you’ll need to display a permit. Parking locations are at:
- Belconnen Interchange - access from Swanson Circuit
- Belconnen Westfield- Corner of Josephson Street and Walder Street
- Bruce - College Street, adjacent to the University of Canberra
- Calwell Shops - Webber Cresent
- Curtin Shops - Carruthers Street
- Chisholm Shops - Bentham Street
- Charnwood Shopping Centre – Lhotsky Street
- Cooleman Court – Liardet Street
- EPIC - Flemington Road
- Evatt - Chomley Court
- Fyshwick - Tom Price Street
- Gungahlin Town Centre – Gozzard Street, access via Efkarpidis Street
- Jamison Centre - Bowman Street
- Kambah Village – Marconi Crescent
- Kambah Centre - O'Halloran Circuit
- Kippax - Moyes Crescent
- Kippax Centre - Hardwick Crescent
- Lyneham - Opposite Swindon Street
- Mawson - Corner of Mawson and Athllon Drive, access from Mawson Place
- North Weston - Kirkpatrick Street
- Tuggeranong Interchange - access from Anketell Street
- Woden Interchange - access from Matilda Street
- Wanniassa - Athllon Drive, access via Rylah Crescent.
Having a Park & Ride permit does not guarantee a parking space as they are filled on a first come, first served basis. If the allocated Park & Ride area is full:
- find another Park & Ride location
- pay for parking
- park as per the parking restriction signposted within the area.
To be eligible to use Park & Ride, you must hold a MyWay card that has:
- $90 or more travel credit (on a standard/adult MyWay card), or
- $40 or more travel credit (on a concession MyWay card – note, no balance is required for seniors over the age of 70), or
- an active autoload direct debit payment.
You’ll also need to apply for a Park & Ride permit online. Please allow 10 working days for your permit to be processed.
If eligible, a Park & Ride permit will be issued for three calendar months, beginning the month after your application is received. Permits are valid for use at any Park & Ride location.
Park & Ride permits are only valid if:
- clearly displayed in the vehicle to which it was issued (permits cannot be transferred to other users)
- users continue their journey on a Transport Canberra bus or light rail service
- used at a Park & Ride designated location (listed above)
- used within the issued three calendar month period (i.e. not after the stamped expiry date)
Failure to park in accordance with permit conditions or parking regulations may result in an infringement notice or the permit may be revoked.
Contact us to find out more.
Kiss and Ride
Kiss and Ride is a quick entry and exit zone designed to drop off or pick up bus or light rail passengers. These are not parking zones. You must remain in your vehicle. Kiss and Ride locations are at:
- Manning Clark North
- Mapleton Avenue
- Nullarbor Avenue
- Well Station Drive
- Woden Interchange
Map of Kiss and Ride locations
*During light rail service disruptions, these facilities can be converted into temporary replacement bus stops.