For convenience, use an allocated parking space to park your car before catching a bus to complete your journey. You’ll be helping to reduce congestion on ACT roads and the demand for parking in the city and other major business areas.
Park & Ride facilities are located on Rapid bus routes and at selected group centres to allow easy connections with peak hour bus services.
To Park & Ride, you’ll need:
- to find a Park & Ride location
- a valid permit
- a MyWay card that meets the Park & Ride conditions
- a timetable or NXTBUS to find your bus.
Park & Ride locations
View the Park & Ride map to find a location and to check if you’ll need to display a permit. Parking locations are at:
- Belconnen - Belconnen Community Bus Station, access from Swanson Circuit
- Belconnen - Corner of Josephson Street and Walder Street
- Bruce - College Street, adjacent to the University of Canberra
- Curtin Shops - Carruthers Street
- Chisholm Shops - Bentham Street
- Calwell Shops - Webber Street
- Charnwood Shopping Centre – Lhotsky Street
- Fyshwick - Tom Price Street
- Gungahlin Town Centre – Gozzard Street, access via Efkarpidis Street
- Jamison Centre - Bowman Street
- Kambah Village Shops – Marconi Crescent
- Kambah Centre - O'Halloran Circuit
- Kippax Centre - Hardwick Crescent
- Mawson - Corner of Mawson and Athllon Drive, access from Mawson Place
( – prior to 10am)
- North Weston - Kirkpatrick Street
- Tuggeranong - Tuggeranong Bus Station, access from Anketell Street
- Woden - Woden Bus Station, access from Matilda Street
- Wanniassa - Athllon Drive, access via Rylah Crescent.
Having a Park & Ride permit does not guarantee a parking space as they are filled on a first come, first served basis. If the allocated Park & Ride area is full:
- find another Park & Ride location
- pay for parking
- park as per the parking restriction signposted within the area.
Park & Ride conditions
To be eligible to use Park & Ride, you must hold a MyWay card that has:
- $90 or more travel credit (on a standard/adult MyWay card), or
- $40 or more travel credit (on a concession MyWay card – note, no balance is required for seniors over the age of 70), or
- an active autoload direct debit payment.
You’ll also need to apply for a Park & Ride permit online. Please allow 10 working days for your permit to be processed.
If eligible, a Park & Ride permit will be issued for three calendar months, beginning the month after your application is received. Permits are valid for use at any Park & Ride location.
Park & Ride permits are only valid if:
- displayed in the vehicle to which it was issued (permits cannot be transferred to other users)
- users continue their journey on bus
- clearly displayed and visible from outside the vehicle
- used at a Park & Ride designated location (listed above)
- used within the issued three calendar month period (i.e. not after the stamped expiry date)
Failure to park in accordance with permit conditions or parking regulations may result in an infringement notice or the permit may be revoked.
Contact us to find out more.