Temporary changes to Park and Ride permit processes
As a result of temporary operational changes within Transport Canberra due to COVID-19, there is currently no capacity to provide a renewal service for Park and Ride permits.
For customers with a current Park and Ride permit requiring renewal there will be a grace period until further notice. Please ensure you display your current permit as normal. You will not be penalised for an expired permit.
For customers wanting to apply for a permit, that do not current hold a permit, please apply as per the process outlined below. Once approved and processed your permit will be emailed to you.
For convenience, use an allocated parking space to park your car before using a bus or light rail to complete your journey. You’ll be helping to reduce congestion on ACT roads and the demand for parking in the city and other major business areas.
Park & Ride facilities are located on Rapid routes and at selected group centres to allow easy connections with peak transport services.
To Park & Ride, you’ll need to:
Park & Ride locations
View the Park & Ride map to find a location and to check if you’ll need to display a permit. Parking locations are at:
- Belconnen - Belconnen Community Bus Station, access from Swanson Circuit
- Belconnen - Corner of Josephson Street and Walder Street
- Bruce - College Street, adjacent to the University of Canberra
- Curtin Shops - Carruthers Street
- Chisholm Shops - Bentham Street
- Calwell Shops - Webber Street
- Charnwood Shopping Centre – Lhotsky Street
- EPIC - Flemington Road
- Fyshwick - Tom Price Street
- Gungahlin Town Centre – Gozzard Street, access via Efkarpidis Street
- Jamison Centre - Bowman Street
- Kambah Village Shops – Marconi Crescent
- Kambah Centre - O'Halloran Circuit
- Kippax Centre - Hardwick Crescent
- Mawson - Corner of Mawson and Athllon Drive, access from Mawson Place
- North Weston - Kirkpatrick Street
- Tuggeranong - Tuggeranong Bus Station, access from Anketell Street
- Woden - Woden Bus Station, access from Matilda Street
- Wanniassa - Athllon Drive, access via Rylah Crescent.
Having a Park & Ride permit does not guarantee a parking space as they are filled on a first come, first served basis. If the allocated Park & Ride area is full:
- find another Park & Ride location
- pay for parking
- park as per the parking restriction signposted within the area.
Park & Ride conditions
To be eligible to use Park & Ride, you must hold a MyWay card that has:
- $90 or more travel credit (on a standard/adult MyWay card), or
- $40 or more travel credit (on a concession MyWay card – note, no balance is required for seniors over the age of 70), or
- an active autoload direct debit payment.
You’ll also need to apply for a Park & Ride permit online. Please allow 10 working days for your permit to be processed.
If eligible, a Park & Ride permit will be issued for three calendar months, beginning the month after your application is received. Permits are valid for use at any Park & Ride location.
Park & Ride permits are only valid if:
- clearly displayed in the vehicle to which it was issued (permits cannot be transferred to other users)
- users continue their journey on a Transport Canberra bus or light rail service
- used at a Park & Ride designated location (listed above)
- used within the issued three calendar month period (i.e. not after the stamped expiry date)
Failure to park in accordance with permit conditions or parking regulations may result in an infringement notice or the permit may be revoked.
Contact us to find out more.