Canberra has an excellent network of shared paths and identified routes that people can use without having to go on the road. Some of these can be seen from our roads, others are ‘hidden’ but provide very pleasant routes to get you to your destination. New Your Guide to Cycling in Canberra and Town Centre Walking and Cycling Guides provide the best routes to connect major destinations without having to cycle on the road.
Find your way around Canberra and Queanbeyan using:
- Journey Planner for cycling and walking routes and distances. Select the bicycle mode option to show trails, dedicated lanes, bike-friendly roads and unpaved trails.
- Park & Pedal locations map in 3D on CycleLifeHQ.
- Bike Stop locations on CycleLifeHQ.
- Bike & Ride Map (PDF 1.5MB) for locations of bike cages, bike lockers and bike rails.
Town Centre Guides:
- Belconnen Town Centre Guide (PDF 11.5MB)
- City Town Centre Guide (PDF 11.8MB)
- Gungahlin Town Centre Guide (PDF 11.7MB)
- Lake Burley Griffin Guide (PDF 11.3MB)
- Parliamentary Zone Guide (PDF 11.6MB)
- Tuggeranong Town Centre Guide (PDF 12.4MB)
- Weston Creek Group Centre Guide (PDF 12MB)
- Woden Town Centre Guide (PDF 11.7MB)
- Download bus station maps
Your Guide to Cycling in Canberra can be purchased:
- in person for $5.00 via:
- The Canberra and Region Visitor's Centre (https://visitcanberra.com.au/canberra-and-region-visitors-centre)
- or Pedal Power (https://www.pedalpower.org.au/)
- have one mailed to you for $7.00 by contacting Pedal Power on firstname.lastname@example.org or 6248 7995.