Advertising on Transport Canberra buses and light rail
Products and messages must be suitable and appropriate for the broader population and in line with the values of the Canberra community and ACT Government objectives.
Ads must be legal, meet Australian Standards, and not represent, portray or promote:
- a contravention of any legislation or regulation
- tobacco or tobacco products
- political or religious advertising (note, ads that are political in nature but related to a specific subject or issue may be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- junk food, fast food or unhealthy food and drinks as defined by the Australian Dietary Guidelines and associated Australian Guide to Healthy Eating
- fossil fuels
- a message that demeans or discourages the use of public transport
- a message that demeans public transport users
- a message that promotes unacceptable behaviour to or on the transport vehicle
- a message that poses either a danger or confusion to traffic, or a risk to the health or safety of the public generally
- a message that can be deemed offensive or demeaning to specific community groups (i.e. religious, ethnic, women, etc.).
Other matters may be determined by the ACT Government.
Advertising on buses
Advertising on Transport Canberra buses is managed by Go Transit Australia.
You can book advertising on buses to help reach target markets across Canberra.
Find out more at Go Transit Australia or call 1300 468 726.
Advertising on light rail
Advertising on Transport Canberra light rail is managed by Torch Media.
Find out more at Torch Media or call (02) 8404 3900.
Filming and Photography
Filmmakers, photographers and broadcasters may film or photograph Transport Canberra buses and bus stations with permission.
Please complete and submit a photography and events application form.
Proof of public liability insurance must accompany all applications.
For urgent requests from the news media, phone 13 17 10.